2007 Feb 7 Mar 7 June 6 Nov 7/07 Dec7/07
2008 Jan08 Feb 6 Mar 5 Apr02 May07 June04 July02 Aug06 Sept03 Oct01 Nov05 Dec03
2009 Jan07 Apr July Aug Sept Oct
2010 Mar Apr Aug Oct Nov Dec
2011 Jan Feb Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct-Jan
2012 Feb Mar Apr May
YOUR JUNE COPY OF MINUTES TO JULY MEETING
American Indian Warrior Association
American Indian Warriors Association Meeting of June 6, 2012 was called to order at 7:10 pm by AIWA President William Buchanan.
William B. had pizza and Pepsi. Joaquin S. brought in home cooked chicken and croissants. Roy C. countered the carbs with honey and chocolate health bars for all to enjoy.
New member: David J. Smith USMC active duty was joined by Ozzie Monge and Barbra Pepi, Minority representative of the La Jolla VA.
William B. took charge of the meeting and reviewed our June invitations to provide Honor Color Guard duties and updated the:
AIWA Old business:
1. Camp Pendleton Gourd Dance and Honoring on Friday June 15 from 2-3pm then dinner and GD from 5-8pm.
2. AIWA large new patch is in quicker progress and we are awaiting delivery. The same goes for the JS made AIWA vests
3. Indian Health services nurses conference at the Bahia hotel is planned for this June 12, 2012 at 8am 5th floor.
1. Re-dedication of the medicine wheel at the La Jolla VA on June 19 at noon. And AIWA is to provide the Honor Color Guard.
2. IB pow wow 6/16-17/ 12 Honor guard at noon also William B. is the HGDancer.
3. WB delivered the HCG stipend from Balboa Park Culture days to the treasurer, JS.
The final meeting activity, the Round Robin, encourages our Veterans to bring out issues and emotions in a supportive, compassionate, environment. Our goal is that participation will further the healing process and bring us all back into balance again.
AIWA welcomes positive ideas for the month of July 4, 2012.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
Roy Cook, AIWA Historian/secretary