AMERICAN INDIAN WARRIORS ASSOCIATION
(AIWA) MONTHLY MINUTES FOR: April 3, 2013
2007 Feb 7 Mar 7 June 6 Nov 7/07 Dec7/07
2008 Jan08 Feb 6 Mar 5 Apr02 May07 June04 July02 Aug06 Sept03 Oct01 Nov05 Dec03
2009 Jan07 Apr July Aug Sept Oct
2010 Mar Apr Aug Oct Nov Dec
2011 Jan Feb Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct-Jan
2012 Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2013 Feb Mar Apr Jun July Aug
YOUR SEPTEMBER COPY OF MINUTES TO THE OCTOBER MEETING
Indian Warrior Association
September 5, 2013
This evening AIWA President William Buchanan opened the meeting at 7:20pm with lots of tacitos sabrositos with guacamole, salsa red or green. Boom, we started right off with business talk about the issues of organization, crafts and events. Juan del Rio reported that the Bayside meeting location is stable and we may utilize more aspects of the service possibilities; yes on postal mail drop, in process exclusive meeting location on the master schedule and pending is umbrella 501c3 participation under Bayside. Joaquin S. will provide financial status for consideration.
1. Continue to contact past members and recruit new Veterans to be members of AIWA. A social potluck is in the planning stages.
2. The goal of producing a Children non-contest pow wow is in the dream stage.
3. Blankets and vests are in process and we anticipate that we may have access to them for the Sycuan pow wow.
4. Our crafts classes date has been reassigned to the end of this month 9/29/13 at 10 am and so far, still at the Lake Murray location.
Summer time is pow wow time and the AIWA Warriors continue to participate in local opportunities such as last week-ends Barona pow wow.
1. Added regalia for image enhancement; hats, more gourd dance gear.
2. Return of smudging, prayer and role of the medicine wheel or cardinal directions in selected tribes.
AIWA closed the meeting at 8:55pm.
Finally, AIWA welcomes our local and Tribal involvements and our mission to continue to be of service to the community and look forward to positive ideas for our future months meetings.