PLEASE BRING YOUR COPY OF MINUTES TO MEETING
The location of all AIWA meetings is at 3928 Illinois St. San Diego, CA. Many Nations in Recovery facility. Chet A. Hunt Community Center. AIWA is welcome to utilize the facilities in a respectful manner. (It is two blocks east of 30th St. and one-half block North of University Ave. on the west side of the street.)
MONTHLY MINUTES for: October 5, 2005
PLEASE print copy of the MINUTES and bring to the MEETING
The members were smudge purified by Ron Hawkins.
Social potluck from 6:30-7:20. Excellent fare for all to enjoy
Call to order
Roy Cook, 7:20 PM.
George Hyde gave prayer.
Vice Pres.: Larry Smith was late but he had a lot to contribute when he got there.
Treasurer: Resignation of Jerry Wilkerson recognized.
Secretary: Joaquin Sandoval: July 2005 minutes approved.
1. IB Pow wow by the Sea Honor Guard honorarium.
2. VCCM Valediction Honor Guard honorarium.
3. CA Indian Day Honor Guard honorarium.
4. San Diego Council meeting report.
5. Interim Officer and positions of responsibility:
6. Event Co-coordinator: Michael Turner-Ortega accepted the responsibility. M/S/P Leslie H, Larry S
7. Spiritual advisor/Chaplain: Don Vigneault accepted the interim office. M/S/P: Jerry S, Henry M
1. Election of 2006 AIWA officers: AIWA secretary will prepare nomination forms and supervise election.
2. Manifee Pow wow: No current report available.
3. Camp Pendleton Veterans Day: Leslie and Ron Hawkins will follow up on negotiation of the event.
4. Veterans Day Parade in Balboa Park: Application form is available if the AIWA membership will support this event.
5. Santa Ysabel
Veterans Day ceremony: Bonnie Salgado has extended invitation and recognition
to the AIWA organization.
7. High desert group interested in forming AIWA Lodge chapter. Larry Smith requested support for travel. M/S/P: Ron H, Don V
Round Robin discussion:
Was brief and focused on the upbeat mood of the new AIWA meeting!
Meeting adjourned: 9:20 PM. M/S/P: Larry S, Don V
AMERICAN INDIAN WARRIORS ASSOCIATION (AIWA) AGENDA:
Robert rules of
order procedure with modifications: