BRING YOUR MARCH
COPY OF MINUTES TO JULY MEETING
The location of all AIWA meetings is at 3928 Illinois St. San Diego, CA.
Many Nations in Recovery facility. Chet A. Hunt Community Center. AIWA
is welcome to utilize the facilities in a respectful manner. (It is two
blocks east of 30th St. and one-half block North of University Ave. on
the west side of the street.)
The members were
purified by: __Ivan Sam__
Social potluck from 1800-1900.
- Navajo Taco's
Call to order:
Ivan Sam___1900 PM.
*President- *Ivan Sam- present
*Vice President- *Henry Mendibles- present
*Secretary- *Richard DeCrane- present
*Treasurer- *George Hyde - present
*Master at Arms- *Gary Burrill- Not present
*Event Coordinator- *Ronnie Murphy - present
- E-mail to Roy to post on website.
Tax ID issue:
- Joaquin- IHRC will be covering AIWA on a temp basis, we still need
to renew Non profit status.
- Need more paper work having money flow issues.
- Nothing new to report.
Cap on funds:
- A work in progress. Tabled till we get more info from older members.
- Karin will come up with design.
Picture and medals.
- Will bring proof to next meeting.
- Will try to contact Jerry Wilkerson.
- Richard : Need a date and time for dinner gathering and a list of
members and family members coming.
- Will contact all members with more info.
- June 29
is a possible day. Not official yet.
Native Vet Medal:
- Henry M.: Sycuan is having budget issues and medal a still in work.
- Larry Strickland: Donates money for Vet Medal.
- Henry M. will work on ordering them.
Roy C: Vet Council
- VA Medical Center La Jolla will be requesting Color guard. For Tree
and Medicine Wheel transfer. Date is TBA.
- San Luis Rey Powwow
- IB Powwow June 21-22 2008.
- Stand-down event Coming in July 11,12,13
- See Treasurer's Report.
- Balboa Powwow got Honorarium.
- Will be at San Luis Rey Powwow.
- 1000 am show for IB Powwow.
- Found 3 flag stands will give to Ronnie M
- Trip to Hawaii was good had 5 Gourd Dancers.
- Has receipt for Grossmont Powwow will give to George H.
- Camp Pendleton Event went well, still working on paper work for Honorarium.
- IB Powwow June 21-22 2008.
- Ice cream social going on right now.
- Imperial Beach powwow council is trying to contact Ronnie. They want
AIWA to be their powwow color gourd.
- Ivan will contact Balboa park powwow council.
- Youth Conference in Anaheim
- Language Conference April 15-17 (info:www.americanindiansource.com)
- Warner Springs Color Guard.
- Aurto - Thankful for speaking. May 1st Start of Peace and dignity
run. He read mission statement of run. 8 month run. South started April
1st 2008. Inform native communities. See Flyers. Looking for supporters.
- Ivan will be helping. July 23-25th along with The Red Warriors. Runner
will stop a Pala Rez then run to Chicano Park in San Diego. AIWA asked
to show support.
Round Robin discussion:
- Will be traveling.
- Thanks every one for coming to Santa Ysabel
- Good job at Camp Pendleton.
- Knee Appointment coming up.
Rich and Karin:
- Doing well.
- Wife recovering from a knee sprang. Doing well.
- Graduated from college.
- Working on starting a shredding company.
- Good trip
to Hawaii. Red Warriors practice every Wednesday at 7 pm, Sycuan's basketball
gym, invites everyone to come out to practice gourd dancing.
- Thanks everyone for coming out to Santa Ysabel.
- Will be having a Native American Church meeting July 4th.
- Horse had a foal.
- Grand daughters doing well in school.
- Working on a PowerPoint presentation.
Ivan and wife:
- Went back to rez for Memorial Day weekend.
- Oldest son made football team.
adjourned*: __8:44 PM. M/S: ___ Ivan Sam__