2007 Feb 7 Mar 7 June 6 Nov 7/07 Dec7/07
2008 Jan08 Feb 6 Mar 5 Apr02 May07 June04 July02 Aug06 Sept03 Oct01 Nov05 Dec03
2009 Jan07 Apr July Aug Sept Oct
2010 Mar Apr Aug Oct Nov Dec
2011 Jan Feb Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct-Jan
2012 Feb Mar Apr
MAY COPY OF MINUTES TO JUNE MEETING
American Indian Warrior Association
American Indian Warriors Association Meeting of May 2, 2012 was called to order at 7:05 pm by AIWA President William Buchanan. Also, Lawrence Strickland and Roy Cook are in attendance with Joaquin S. sick at home.
William B. had the corn tortilla meat tacos with guacamole, fresh tomatoes and hot green and red salsa. So munching was on top of the evenings agenda.
New member: David J. Smith USMC active duty was given a membership orientation by the AIWA prez. Juan Del Rio, also USMC, returned to AIWA and contributed information on VA loan refinancing and AD-UP Amikas housing for Women veterans. In addition he gave early notice of a large nationwide grant that will kick off on July 1 of this year in San Diego.
Additional, Barbra Pepi, VA La Jolla minority outreach returned with her bag of VA goodies, pens and advance notice of upcoming events at the VA.
William B. took the reins of the meeting and reviewed and updated the AIWA Old business:
1. Gourd dance - William B. is Head Gourd Dancer, also Honor Color Guard, Culture Days at Balboa Park on May 12 & 13, 2012.
2. Military Appreciation Day at Canyon Ridge Baptist Church in Linda Vista May 27 at 10:30am.
3. Camp Pendleton Gourd Dance and Honoring on Friday June 15 from 2-8pm.
4. AIWA large new patch is still in progress awaiting updates.
5. Health Medicare-medical Conference at the Double Tree in Mission Valley is planned for this next 2012 summer.
6. US Navy Seal boat driver Apache, Chato is still waiting for VA aneurism surgery.
1. Re-dedication of the medicine wheel at the La Jolla VA on June 19 at noon. And AIWA is to provide the Honor Color Guard.
2. Larry Strickland volunteered to order 5 more Native American Veterans metals for distribution.
The final meeting activity, the Round Robin, encourages our Veterans to bring out issues and emotions in a supportive, compassionate, environment. Our goal is that participation will further the healing process and bring us all back home again.
AIWA welcomes positive ideas for the month of June 6, 2012.
Meeting adjourned at 8:04pm.
Roy Cook, AIWA Historian/secretary