AMERICAN INDIAN WARRIORS ASSOCIATION
(AIWA) MONTHLY MINUTES FOR: Jan 8, 2014
2007 Feb 7 Mar 7 June 6 Nov 7/07 Dec7/07
2008 Jan08 Feb 6 Mar 5 Apr02 May07 June04 July02 Aug06 Sept03 Oct01 Nov05 Dec03
2009 Jan07 Apr July Aug Sept Oct
2010 Mar Apr Aug Oct Nov Dec
2011 Jan Feb Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct-Jan
2012 Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2013 Feb Mar Apr Jun July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
JANUARY COPY OF MINUTES TO THE FEBRUARY MEETING
Indian Warrior Association
January 8, 2014
This evening AIWA President William Buchanan opened the meeting at 7:05pm. There were lots of pepperoni pizza, mini crackers and soda pop. Attending were Juan del Rio, Ozzie Monge, Joaquin Sandoval, Heather Chalot and Roy Cook. Discussion on topical issues regarding veterans is a constant priority: PTSD and the various levels as recognized by the Veterans Administration, values clarification on personal, financial and professional behavior toward life goals and objectives.
1. Recruitment strategies continue to be of a high priority.
2. RC produced receipts and letter for cash advance to SE Vickie Gambala.
3. JS wife is undergoing surgery and the prayers of all the members are requested for this family. Appropriate sentiments will be hand delivered by the AIWA President, William Buchanan.
1. Bayside requests more participation: food distribution at food bank. Blessing of the community garden
2. The AIWA Holiday dinner is moved to TBA.
Many AIWA members attended the TONKAWA seniors monthly meeting 12, 8, 13. TONKAWA and AIWA share the same facility on different days of the month and this location will be our official address. c/o Bayside Community Center 2202 Comstock St.
San Diego, CA 92111
The Round Robin
continues to be a healthy venue to air and share veteran concerns with
comrades in arms with a tribal flavor. What are the Native American
networks of Veteran or Wounded Warrior organizations by regional and
Finally, AIWA welcomes our local and Tribal involvements and our mission to continue to be of service to the community and look forward to positive ideas for our future months meetings.
(For more history see link below.)
AIWA President William Buchanan closed the meeting at 8:54pm.